Motives & Your Company or Team
CO-CREATE A CULTURE OF WELLBEING
Wellbeing happens when individuals, peers, managers and leaders show up for themselves and each other in meaningful ways to honor, protect and elevate the 28 motives.
When you put motives at the heart of your team or organization, you create a culture where everyone is empowered, take’s responsibility, and is a change agent for a better collective workplace and work relationships.
Explore Our Different Products
Learn More About
The Motives Met Assessment
Chat With Us
or Schedule a Demo
Your Team Circumplex & Report
What does thriving look like for your team or company?
When you use the Motives Met Assessment you gain insight into the most important needs of your people and why. You can see where your team or company falls on the motive map and evaluate the degree motives are thriving, surviving or suffering.
THE MEETING MOTIVES PATHWAY TO WELLBEING
We customize a solution based on your strategic objectives
We take great pride in offering a path to arrive at your optimal unique strategy rather than claiming there is a one-size-fits all solution, as wellbeing is personal to each person, team and culture. We customize a solution based on your strategic objectives and needs.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PLATFORM
Click each tool below
DIFFERENT NEEDS FULFILL &
MOTIVATE EACH ONE OF US
Learn more about how it works & what’s included.
The Motives Met Assessment
Our research shows that a few motives rise to the top for each person in this season of their work life and that when those needs are well met, that’s when they thrive.
That’s why we created a data-driven assessment based on psychological principles to uncover each person’s unique driving motives today. Having your employees and team members take the assessment is the first critical step.
When you use The MM Assessment you:
- Show your people you care about their wellbeing and mental health and provide a tool to take ownership of their work wellness.
- Take a proven personalized approach to wellbeing and motivation rather than a one-size-fits all approach that doesn’t work.
- Illuminate blindspots that are sources of dissatisfaction and tension you weren’t aware of.
- Create more authentic connections by helping employees know those they work with as human first, beyond just their personality or strengths.
- Develop mindfulness, a self -awareness for employees and “other-awareness” to help people be intentional in how they show up at work for themselves and others to meet motives.
THE MOTIVES MET WELLBEING LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
CREATE OPENNESS, MODEL CURIOSITY
The Motives Met Wellbeing Leadership Experience
We won’t sugar coat it, as leaders and managers you must prioritize, tend to and care about all 28 motives and be able to take an individualized approach to meet those needs. It isn’t easy, which is why based on client demand we have developed an immersive leadership training experience and a comprehensive digital tool with action items, tips and check-in questions for each motive. A powerful part of this is our psychological safety tool.
Psychological safety, where each person feels safe to take risks and be vulnerable around others, is a top indicator of high-performing teams. It’s one thing to use this buzzword and another to give leaders a tangible step-by-step tool to actually create it.
When you use our tools & lead with motives in mind you:
- Are equipt with the ultimate wellbeing tool and confidence to meet the unique needs of each team member, which in turn helps you be a leader people want to work with for the long-haul.
- Have the ability to listen as well as advocate and coach in new impactful ways.
- Make 1:1’s an effective asset for yourself and your team, creating meaningful conversations with psychological safety that matter and a greater open feedback culture.
- Strengthen leadership qualities like emotional intelligence, vulnerability, mindfulness and compassion.
Participants leave empowered with their wellbeing action plan, knowledge of how to better support others and a “28 things to elevate wellbeing” action plan for your culture. We can customize a workshop based on your needs, and facilitate them or offer training & resources for internal facilitation.
Motives Met Work Life Well-Lived Workshop for Teams
In our post-assessment workshops you put insights into action to create a wellbeing action plan at the individual, team and culture/company level. These workshops open the door to critical conversations and insights that wouldn’t happen otherwise.
Participants reflect on their wellbeing needs, develop their “motive story” and the actionable steps to help meet their motivess. They share among team members to gain familiarity with other’s motives and how people can best show up for themselves and each other at work. As well as brainstorm and ideate strategies and ideas to elevate motives, identify weak areas and celebrate areas and strength.
When you get people together to talk about motives you:
- Enable participants to gain an understanding of the top human needs of the people they work with, why they are important, and how others can offer support in meeting those motives. They will have a better understanding of why they do what they do and why others do what they do, which brings out the best in themselves at work.
- Will gather new information, ideas and strategies that will lead to actionable takeaways to strengthen motives. People will feel heard, psychological safety amplified, and areas of change can be identified. It’s also an important opportunity to identify areas of strength that should be celebrated and rewarded.
TO ELEVATE WELLBEING YOU MUST EVALUATE IT
Categorize motives based on data, which needs fall into change vs. maintain vs. elevate?
Motive Analytics Benchmark
For wellbeing to be a priority and a tangible goal, you must measure and evaluate it. Post-assessment, we send a follow-up survey to ask employees questions to understand how well met their most important motives are, which needs they feel have most room for improvement and how well they think certain motives can thrive in your organization.
This standard motive benchmark survey can be sent out bi-annualy or quarterly, which allows you to track motives over time and have robust wellbeing analytics. Along with the standard benchmark, we can customize the survey and dive into areas of interest or potential weakness.
When you evaluate motives you:
- Have wellbeing data you can track overtime and use the findings to see the ROI for your efforts, inform wiser decision making on areas of weakness you may want to invest more heavily in.
- Show employees you are taking action by measuring wellbeing metrics and actively working to improve and maintain them.
- Use data-driven approach to wellbeing and gain insight rather than guessing, as to the health of the 28 needs. Which ones are thriving, coasting, surviving or suffering? Why?
- Give managers and leaders the ability to see weaknesses and blindspots they wouldn’t be aware of otherwise.
CULTIVATE THE MOTIVES MINDSET
& WELCOME DIVERSITY
& Employee Learning
Given wellbeing is a joint effort, it’s important everyone cultivates the “Motives Mindset,” which is a shared meaning and belief system around work wellbeing. To help cultivate that mindset we share our Work Life Well-Lived Principles, fundamental truths that are a guide for strengthening motives.
For the 28 human needs to thrive motive diversity needs to be welcome, with the ability to live in the tension of different and sometimes conflicting needs. Whether it’s in webinars or training sessions, we share the framework, insights and understanding around creating your best work life, work relationships and workplace.
When you knowledge share with Motives Met:
- You get everyone on the same page of what wellbeing at work means and the pivotal role they play so you can achieve it.
- Have the ability to determine if the Motives Mindset is embraced, emphasized, rewarded, and enforced or if it’s lacking.
- Give people the shared vocabulary to clearly and easily talk with others – whether a manager, coworker, or partner – about what matters to them in the work world and why.
- Empower people to strategize how to elevate their wellbeing and the wellbeing of others.
WHY MOTIVES MET
A different approach that gets you results
Our tools are rooted in our research, everything we do began with curiousity and years of research and development. We are a data-driven solution with the insights that prove when motives are met at work, everyone wins.
BUILT FOR CO-CREATION
For a better work world to be
possible, everyone needs to support
their own motives as well as the needs of others. Motives Met is uniquely built to empower individuals, peers and leaders to bring out the best in themselves and others at work.
We pride ourselves on taking a unique approach to work wellbeing that
honors the truth that it’s multi-faceted, messy and personal. No false promises of easy fixes or one-size-fits-all answers,
but a proven path to get you to where you want to go.
Motives tend to be a critical yet missing conversation at work. It isn’t the norm to communicate them and there isn’t common vocabulary to help people talk about them…until now. Motives Met is the conversation starter that provides the must needed shared langauge to talk about the stuff that matters in a way that can be easily understood.
The work world is evolving at a rapid pace, with increased automation, remote working, declining employee engagement, and ever-changing technology. That makes these conversations more important than ever. The future of work is much more emotionally intelligent than what previous generations were used to (and we’re here for it!).
Motives are at the heart of well-being in the workplace. When you use the Motives Met Assessment, you aren’t just talking wellness or implementing a one-off program. You’re living it, and your employees will admire you for it. Happier people, who have their emotional and psychological needs met, create a healthier more thriving business.