In compiling this Policy, we have taken steps to incorporate the standards and principles outlined in data collection and privacy frameworks, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This Policy describes
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website (the “Website” or “Site”) as well as any websites and blogs directly owned by Motives Met (“our websites” or “our sites”), and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Motives Met has certified to the US Department of Commerce that it adheres to the US Privacy Shield Principles. Per Article 45 of the GDPR, the European Commission recognizes that certifying under the EU-U.S.-Privacy Shield ensures an adequate data protection level. The data transfer to the USA does not require any specific authorization. (See also § 10, “Compliance and Cooperation with Regulatory Authorities.”)
1. Data Collection
We do not collect personally identifiable information unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide it to us. When you voluntarily provide it, the information is stored until we delete it per our regular business practices or you request that we delete your information. Data that we collect are stored on secure servers in the United States.
2. Collection of Personal Information
If you create an account on our website, you will create user credentials, such as a user ID and password. All passwords are encrypted before being stored in our database. Motives Met cannot view passwords. Therefore, if you forget your password, we cannot send it to you via email or provide it to you by other means. If you forget your password, the “password reset” option on the website allows you to reset your password.
If you purchase any products or services through the website, your purchase is processed through a secure third-party payment processing system. Motives Met does not have access to or store any of your payment or financial information, including credit card numbers.
If you complete a survey offered by Motives Met, you will do so using a survey code that you have purchased directly from Motives Met or provided to you by the administrator of an account or another third party. Your survey results will only be sent to you if you are an individual survey taker or sent to you or an account administrator if you use a survey code provided by an organization having an account. Motives Met will not share your survey results with anyone else. Your survey results are stored on our secure servers until we delete them per our regular business practices or until you request that we delete your information.
If you use our website to take any surveys, we collect data via certain survey questions/responses that will help us conduct research (“Research Data”). Research Data will be used only in aggregate and does not include personally identifiable information.
3. Technical Information
When you use our website, Motives Met automatically receives and records technical information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, and cookie information. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computing device when you use the Internet. IP addresses may help diagnose problems with our server, administer the website, analyze trends, track users’ movement, aggregate broad demographic information for us to improve the website, and deliver customized personalized content.
Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you include:
- Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and some cases on third party websites may include tracking embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows Motives Met to understand how the link is used.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and report activity back to a web server, allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from Motives Met, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and what time and date you do. Some of our marketing partners may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners.
- Do Not Track Disclosure. We do not track website visitors over time or across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, our website does not operate any differently when it receives Do Not Track (DNT) signals. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal data.
4. Using Personal or Technical Information
Motives Met uses your personal information to provide Services to you and communicate with you concerning Motives Met. We do not give or sell your personal information to advertisers or any other third parties. Motives Met uses your technical information to personalize and deliver our Services and promote safety, integrity, and security in the use of our Services.
5. Limited Right to Share Personal Information
Motives Met has the limited right to share the personal information you provide:
- to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; or
- in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property, or defend or assert legal rights. If Motives Met is legally compelled to disclose your personal information to a third party, then we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
6. Sharing of Non-Personal Information
Motives Met has the right to share non-personal information, including aggregated information and data, with third parties.
7. Correcting or Erasing Your Personal Information
If any personal information you have provided to Motives Met changes or is incorrect, you may request that we correct such information by notifying at firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, if you want your personal information to be erased from our records, you have the right for your personal information to be deleted from our active systems. Please email a request to email@example.com. Your personal information will be deleted from our active systems within five business days of receiving your request; however, your personal information will be retained on our backup systems until deleted per our regular backup retention practices. If we need to restore information from a backup to our active systems, we will delete your personal information from the records restored to our active systems.
8. Protecting Children
The products and services at Motives Met are not marketed or offered to, and not intended for, and should not be used by, any children under the age of 13. Motives Met will not knowingly collect any information from individuals under the age of thirteen. Using our Services, you represent that you are over the age of 13 and old enough to consent to the processing of your personal data in your country or that your parent or guardian gives consent on your behalf. If information is inadvertently collected for children under the age of 13, we will delete such information if we are notified or otherwise aware of it. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) protects children under the age of thirteen from the online collection of personal information. Learn more about COPPA on the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security/children%27s-privacy.
9. Linking and Framing to Other Websites and Websites
Our website and other electronic communications from Motives Met may display links and frames to other sites. Once you enter a third party website, or a portion of a third party site is framed within our website, you agree that Motives Met is not responsible for these other sites’ privacy practices. Motives Met encourages you to look for and review the privacy statements of each website that you visit.
Motives Met does not represent, warrant, or endorse expressly or impliedly as to any information, services, products, or messages on any third party websites which may be accessed through the Motives Met website. In particular, these links and frames are for your convenience only. They are not an endorsement by Motives Met of the organization or individual operating the website or a warranty or endorsement of any type regarding the website or the information, services, products, or messages posted on or available from such website.
10. Compliance and Cooperation With Regulatory Authorities
Motives Met complies with the EU–US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss–US Privacy Shield Framework set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding collecting, using, and retaining Personal Information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. Motives Met has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Privacy Statement and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov.
11. E-Communications from Motives Met
Motives Met may send you emails or other electronic communications regarding us or our Services. These electronic communications will be sent to the email address that you provide to us. Should you wish to cease receiving these electronic communications, you can opt-out via the instructions at Motives Met.
Motives Met will never send you an email requesting your password, credit card number, or social security number. If you receive a message that looks like it is from Motives Met but asks you for these, it is a fraudulent email or “phish.” We recommend you report it to the proper authorities.
12. Dispute Resolution
If you have any complaints regarding our compliance with this Policy or a Privacy Shield related or general privacy related complaint, you should first contact us. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding the use and disclosure of Personal Information per this Policy.
Concerning human resources data, Motives Met will cooperate and comply with the EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) and the advice given by such authorities for human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from Motives Met, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, you may contact the EU DPA for more information or to file a complaint. The services of the EU DPAs are provided at no cost to you.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you can invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
13. For Website Visitors in the European Union (“EU”)
Under the GDPR, our EU visitors are provided additional rights concerning their Personal Information, or “personal data” as defined under the GDPR. For this Policy and any personal data processed for Website visitors or individuals in the EU, Motives Met operates as a data controller unless otherwise determined by agreement or law. Any personal data we collect from you is processed in the United States and under the terms of this Policy in our business’s legitimate interest and providing our services to you as the lawful means for such processing.
You may always withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data, as described below. We will only retain your personal data for the time necessary to provide you the information and marketing services to which you have consented, and per your rights below and in this Policy.
You can exercise any of the following rights by notifying us as described below:
- Access. You may email us to request a copy of the personal data our website currently contains.
- Correction or Rectification. You can correct what personal data our Website currently contains by signing into your account and clicking the Account Settings tab or emailing us to request that we correct or rectify any personal data you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Restrict Processing. When applicable, you may restrict the processing of your personal data by requesting via email. In your email, please explain how you wish Motives Met to restrict the processing of your personal data. When such restrictions are not possible, Motives Met will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy, including withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data.
- Object to Processing. When applicable, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by requesting via email. When such objections are not possible, Motives Met will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy, including withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data.
- Portability. Upon request and when possible, Motives Met can provide you with copies of your personal data. You may submit a request via email. When such a request cannot be honored, Motives Met will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy, including withdrawing your consent. Where applicable, Motives Met will ensure such changes are shared with any trusted third parties.
- Withdraw Consent. At any time, you may withdraw your consent to Motives Met processing of your personal data through this website by notifying us via email. Using the same email address for your website account, simply type the words “Withdraw Consent” in your email’s subject line. Upon receiving such a withdrawal of consent, Motives Met will confirm receipt and proceed to stop processing your personal data. Where applicable, Motives Met will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Erasure. If you wish to cease using our website and have your personal data deleted from our website, you may submit a request by emailing us. Upon receiving such an erasure request, Motives Met will confirm receipt and confirm once your personal data has been deleted.
- Submit Complaints or Questions. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us as described below. If you reside in a European Union Member State, you may also complain to your country’s supervisory authority.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
A. Information We Collect
The Motives Met website (the “Website”) collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references can be for, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, the site has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last 12 months:
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Commercial information
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information
- Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 USC § 1232(g), 34 CFR § 99))
- Inferences drawn from other personal information
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994
Motives Met obtains the categories of personal information listed above:
- Directly from you, for example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase;
- Indirectly from you, for example, from observing your actions on our site; and
- Indirectly from your employer, for example, information for you to complete a Motives Met survey or assessment.
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to aid new product orders
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our site, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To support you and respond to your inquiries, including investigating and addressing your concerns and monitoring and improving our responses.
- To personalize your site experience.
- For surveying, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our site, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise outlined in the CCPA.
Motives Met will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without notifying you.
C. Sharing Personal Information
Motives Met may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Subsidiaries and affiliates
- Contractors and service providers
- Data aggregators
- Third parties with whom we partner to offer products and services to you
D. Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding 12 months, Motives Met has not disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to one or more of the parties identified above:
Category A: Identifiers
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Category D: Commercial information
Category E: Internet or other similar network activity
Category F: Geolocation data
E. Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, Motives Met has not sold personal information.
F. Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
G. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Motives Met disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained
F. Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Motives Met delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech and ensure another consumer’s right to exercise their free speech rights or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information compatible with the context in which you provided it.
G. Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by contacting us. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State whom you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice in 12 months.
The verifiable consumer request must
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
H. Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of receipt. If we need more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12 months preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain why we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and allow you to easily transmit the information from one entity to another.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
I. Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we know are less than 16 years of age unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age or the parent or guardian of a consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age.
Consumers who opt into personal information sales may opt out of future sales at any time.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny your goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
K. Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
15. Changes to this Policy
16. Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments about Motives Met, its Services, or these Terms and Conditions, please contact us.
2022 Smoketree Drive
PO Box 2701
Carefree, AZ 85377
Effective Date: December 18, 2020